Software Developer II (R1474 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Software Developer to work in our Arden Hills, MN office. This position will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain applications and automated workflows in support of the achievement of our client’s business requirements. This individual will be required to develop and modify applications for creating highly complex documents for both high-speed large-scale printers and electronic delivery. The ability to work collaboratively with other IT staff and Client Services is essential to success in this position.
- Use of software that’s required to analyze, design, and perform print programming functions.
- Inform Account Managers of project status and verify schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate jobs before beginning setup to determine resources needed to print job accurately and most efficiently.
- Maintain quality control procedures.
- Produce output for normal day-to-day print jobs as well as complex client print jobs.
- Arrange contingency plans in the event that problems arise in the setup of a client project. This may necessitate working overtime, arranging for other team members to cover, or training personnel to perform some steps in the process.
- Provide timely updates of project status, ensuring daily expectations have been met prior to end of work day and communicate to the appropriate individuals the status of the project(s). Proactively inform supervisor of situations that may impact due dates and work with the Account Manager to develop alternatives.
- 2+ years’ experience within Technology or Direct Marketing/Secure Communications industry
- Content development tools (Quadient Inspire, ExStream Dialogue, or similar)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints
- Data analysis skills
- Familiarity or ability to code and understand multiple programming languages