Facilities Planner (8822 )
Taylor Corporation is seeking a Facilities Planner to work in North Mankato, MN. This position will oversee daily aspects of construction project and is responsible for project cost management, schedule development, safety compliance, and general construction administration. Creates detailed scope of work documentation and troubleshoots issues. Responsible for performing site surveys, creating and updating project schedules, and contributing to selection and/or evaluation of contractors. Perform administrative tasks such as issuing work orders, preparing management reports, and preparing quotes and cost estimates. Maintains compliance with safety program.
- Responsible to coordinate projects and contractors a well as daily operational issues with production and associated staff.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of a quality preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiencies according to industry or manufacturer standards.
- Ensure OSHA compliance and enforces all company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates to minimize the frequency/severity of accidents. Supports safety initiatives and safe working conditions.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Coordinate with Facility Field Service Rep Lead for project estimates involving production equipment, warehouse racking or furniture moves.
- Selects and coordinates work of contractors working on various phases of the project.
- Coordinate and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction, maintenance, and repair project contracts.
- Tracks and controls project schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Work with Business Units for layouts of office, production, and warehouse for most efficient use of space and workflow.
- Reports to Business Units about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Create and provide Business Units with budgetary numbers for projected facility related capital expenditures.
- Oversee assigned projects or tasks from start to finish.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of project sites.
- Comply with the local implementation of safety standard operating procedures, ensuring that staff follow them, and comply with all locally applicable regulation and standards
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' experience
- Ability to travel 30% of the time, including nights and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively with company employees, department representatives and customers in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to suggest ideas and give direction.
- Ability to plan, organize and solve problems.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and diagrams.
- Effective time management (multitasking) and logical decision-making ability.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to use AutoCAD to create blueprints (preferred but not required) for office layouts, furniture layouts, production areas, and warehouse racking.
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, provides innovative products, technologies and services that focus on the evolving needs – personal and business – of more than half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers around the world. With more than 80 domestic and foreign subsidiaries, Taylor is recognized as one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America, delivering what matters most to its customers.