Giving Officer Summa Giving Program - Advancement
Summary of Position
Suffolk University’s Summa giving program, which is comprised of Annual Gift fundraising at the $1,000 to $10,000 level, is critical to advancing the university’s mission. For the successful candidate, the opportunity exists to rejuvenate the Summa program. The Summa program develops and implements comprehensive fundraising strategies for the engagement, acquisition, stewardship, retention and upgrading of donations from individuals. Summa level gifts serve as a vital source of revenue and as an incubator for major donor prospects who will move through the pipeline and later make major gifts. Support of Suffolk at the Summa level from alumni, parents and others is crucial to increasing the pool of unrestricted dollars available to the university. In addition to generating flexible revenue, the Leadership Giving Officer will identify major and planned giving prospects.
The Leadership Giving Officer of the Summa Program will work in concert with Major Gift Officers, Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, and Stewardship to build a program that creates an identity and commitment to Summa leadership gifts to Suffolk University. This position will identify and secure philanthropic support for the University ($1,000 to $10,000) and steward donor loyalty societies.
Cultivate and solicit philanthropic gifts of $1,000 to $50,000 to fund the short and long term goals established in the Strategic Plan of the University.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and potential Summa donors to achieve increased gifts.
- Make a minimum of 20 solicitation calls per day.
- Secure 50 new or lapsed Summa level gifts
- Secure 25 Summa gift renewals
- Regularly solicit Summa level gifts to ensure goals are met.
- Engage prospects and donors to support Suffolk and cultivate long-term philanthropic partnerships with them and the University, working closely with volunteers, the faculty, deans, and the administration.
- Assist major gift officers with increasing the Annual Fund giving levels of major gift prospects
- Participate in professional activities to raise Suffolk’s visibility in the profession and to stay current with trends in the field.
- Participate as an active member of the university community by attending regular campus meetings and events (athletic events and student performances, Academic Awards, Convocation, and Commencement). Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement effort to establish and International Summa program.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail as it relates to managing solicitation reports shared with volunteers, the creation of written solicitation strategies with volunteers, accomplishing projects and tasks in the prescribed timeframe, and keeping colleagues engaged and informed as needed concerning program strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrate significant experience of at least 5 years in development or a related field such as Alumni Affairs, sales or recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work independently with a variety of prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Superior organizational
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft
- Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings, as assigned