The Admission Coordinator provides daily data processing, data entry, and system support and generates a variety of daily and weekly reports provided to Associate Dean of Law Admission which in turn is shared with leadership. This position is responsible for all customer service-related aspects of the law admission office, including answering phones/reception duties, email correspondence, and greeting walk-in guests with friendliness, respect, and enthusiasm for our program. Further, this position is responsible for the coordination, maintenance, and upkeep of all admissions files and records. This includes, but is not limited to, handling all applicant information in the necessary computer systems including Colleague, ImageNow, and Aces2 throughout the entire application process. This position requires a high level of customer service and an extraordinary level of attention to detail in order to ensure that the law school’s enrollment needs are met in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for the effective support in all admissions staff functions including, but not limited to, answering telephones, greeting visitors, and scheduling visits in a friendly and enthusiastic manner. The Coordinator will also upload visitor information into the relevant database to ensure follow-up from an administrator.
- The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the timely, friendly, and enthusiastic communication with all prospective students who reach out to the office and request information, whether by phone, email, or in person. This will include keeping the lawadm@suffolk email account and the admissions office voicemail current by responding to all applicants in a timely and professional manner and forwarding emails and messages along to an appropriate member of the admissions office when necessary.
- Ensure up-to-date and accurate admission records in the student database. This includes, but is not limited to, downloading and processing of electronic files from ACES2, maintaining records in Colleague and ImageNow, gathering data, creating codes, and ensuring accurate syncing with university systems. The Admissions Coordinator serves as a liaison to MIS to troubleshoot software problems referring only difficult cases to MIS. During conversions and upgrades the Admissions Coordinator serves on relevant committees, as needed. Throughout the conversion process the Admissions Coordinator documents all new Admissions procedures.
- The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for quickly and accurately uploading information into ImageNow, Aces2, and Colleague, and then routing applicant files to relevant committee members in a timely manner. The Admissions Coordinator will also be responsible for training new committee members on using the file review system.
- The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for the reconciliation of all applicant files with the various databases, including ImageNow, Aces2, and Colleague.
- Timely and accurately produce computerized reports, as needed. The Admissions Coordinator runs both routine and ad hoc reports from the student admission database. Examples of reports include: admission statistics, mailing labels, applicant lists, management reports, etc.
- The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible to support the Associate Dean and other leadership staff, especially during the recruitment season, with a number of tasks including, but not limited to, keeping the leadership staff up to date on current applicant issues, ensuring the effective and timely communication with new applicants, and coordinating travel for recruitment as necessary. The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of corporate credit card reconciliation which must be done on a monthly basis.
- Support the leadership staff with the Suffolk Experience program and campus visits by maintaining records of applicants who show interest in these programs and by assisting with the booking and communication with these applicants.
- The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible to assist with the tracking and maintenance of records, as needed, from recruitment initiatives.
- Responsible for accurate data flow between the Admissions Office and the Law School Admissions Council and serves as the point person for technology issues between the Admissions Office and LSAC. This includes, but is not limited to, reports and data that need to be conveyed on-line through the ACES2 system. The Admissions Coordinator diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the ACES2 system.
- Responsible for overseeing the admissions functions of the candidates which requires the tracking of completed files, readying those files for review, and sending decisions out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Expected to assist the leadership staff, as needed, with projects or tasks as they arise.