Manager, Ram Registration & Financial Center
Suffolk University invites applications for the position of Manager, Ram Registration and Financial Center. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment and is responsible for the leadership and management of the Center. The Center provides integrated student services regarding Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Registration to promote a progressive and simplified student experience and a culture that supports student success. The Manager will provide oversight, strategic planning, supervision, training, leadership and management of staff and operations of this newly integrated cross-functional service area of the Bursar, Registrar, and Financial Aid offices.
- Set the strategic vision (developing annual goals/objectives) for the Ram Registration and Financial Center in order to provide the most effective student services in the most efficient manner possible.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set policy in a proactive, timely manner and lead the implementation of policy.
- Serve as liaison between Enrollment Management units, academic departments, Student Affairs, and Student Accounts in all Center-related initiatives, and facilitate communication and collaboration among these units.
- Continually evaluate policies, programs and services of the Center to ensure compliance, quality, efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Manage all personnel functions for employees in the Center related to staff recruitment, training, assignment of responsibilities, supervision and evaluation.
- Evaluate technical needs and enhancements used in student services administration and incorporate improvements and modifications when appropriate.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all student record information and submitted documentation to comply with Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Serve as the central point of contact to certify enrollment, financial, and academic standing in accordance with VA requirements for students eligible for Veteran’s benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years experience managing an integrated enrollment services unit. Significant experience in least one of the service areas within the Center (bursar, financial aid, registrar) is desirable. The successful candidate will possess the following qualities/attributes:
- Must present strong decision-making skills that includes the ability to evaluate data quickly, set policy and lead process implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate policy and process to internal staff, students, parents and the campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through changes—including the integration of new student services and continual evaluation and enhancement of business processes.
- Strong proactive planning, assessment/analysis, research, and organizational skills are essential.
- Proven ability at tracking data closely and preservation of data for comparative analysis.
- Thorough understanding of student services regulations, practices, and technology is required.
- Additional demonstrated abilities should include effective public speaking, networking and relationship development, professional and collaborative communication style, sound philosophy of team development, strategic visioning and execution, inclusivity and understanding of people from many diverse backgrounds, creative problem-solving skills, and strong work ethic.
- Recognizes that exemplary student service is a relationship-driven, student-focused enterprise and that retention and graduation are catalysts for student success.
- Demonstrate a track record of success in leading, mentoring, and inspiring a student services office to achieve measurable goals and fostering an attitude of staff responsiveness.
- Possess a strong commitment to diversity and be able to provide examples of the commitment in recruiting and hiring practices.
- Maintain a focus on continual process improvement/reengineering through effective assessment and analysis.
- Appreciate that integrated student services for both undergraduate and graduate students is a key component in a comprehensive university-wide enrollment management strategy.
- Be committed to building and maintaining a strong, resilient, and resourceful student services team within the Ram Center; support sustained professional growth and contributions, assure transparency, and maintain open communication with staff.
- Showcase superior communication, presentation, and interpersonal/relationship-building skills.
- Understand the dynamics of growth and tuition-driven institutions and the role of integrated student services in the recruitment process.