Law Marketing Manager - Office of Marketing and Communication
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing, the Law Marketing Manager drives integrated marketing communications activity for the Law School. The individual will work closely with the Dean of the Law School and other senior administrators, along with the Law Admissions team, to support the school’s strategic priorities and goals through print and digital communications. The Law Marketing Manager will create and execute strategies for multi-channel communications in partnership with the Law Admissions team that drive enrollment success. The Law Marketing Manager also will work closely with the Law dean and members of the communication division to advance the reputation of Suffolk Law, its faculty, students and alumni. Working closely with the Law School director of communications, the University’s vice president of communications, and the Marketing department, the Law Marketing Manager will develop strategies to maximize the impact and reach of content designed to elevate the Law School’s reputation and coordinate the production, timing and distribution of content and materials.
- Promote the Law School and Suffolk University as a whole to elevate reputation, building awareness for excellence and promote alumni engagement and giving
- Articulate key message points for the Law School that unify and amplify the school’s brand narrative, ensuring these are fully integrated across all channels and audiences
- Drive comprehensive strategic marketing initiatives from concept to completion aimed at building Suffolk Law’s visibility among key audiences in support of Law School goals
- In partnership with Law Admissions, develop and execute the marketing plan and communications strategy for law enrollment including but not limited to printed collateral, email communications, website presence, video, and digital advertising.
- Create and manage project/production schedules and approval cycles, and ensure all deliverables on time, on budget, and on brand.
- Work with Law Admissions to review data and performance of efforts on a regular basis to optimize marketing and communications strategies.
- Oversee the design and production of all marketing materials – website, e-direct mail, brochures, direct mail, event promotion materials – along with related multimedia; work with the Marketing Department and external vendors on production and web development
- Provide marketing leadership and manage a broad range of tools – digital, print, mail, social media, video – to promote the Suffolk Law story
- Collaborate with website, content, and social media teams to ensure all digital law school content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create and maintain the Law School marketing schedule
- Manage all marketing communications aspects of School-based events, including Commencement
- Support University-wide operational efficiencies and effectiveness in marketing and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum three years related experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Proven copywriting and copyediting ability
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytical tools a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, goal-oriented deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organization/computer skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Preferred: multimedia skills (e.g., photography, video production and editing, web skills, etc.)