Workday Reporting Analyst
Summary of Position: The Information Technology Services (ITS) Enterprise Applications Team is seeking a talented Workday Reporting Analyst with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join the ITS team. As a Reporting Analyst, you will be an integral member of the ITS team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to support the implementation of both the Workday Financials and Student modules.
The Reporting Analyst will be a core member of the implementation team and will work to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies. Candidates must have strong specialized/analytical ability and also have the ability to present data to support decision making efforts.
The Reporting Analyst will be will be responsible for designing and developing Suffolk specific reporting requirements within Workday and implementing reports and dashboards using the Workday delivered development tools and the security model. They will also be tasked with ensuring that all operational and analytical reporting requirements are captured, documented, analyzed, and developed. Experience with the Workday data model and security model is required.
The ideal candidate must possess 5 years of experience with reporting as well as experience capturing, documenting and analyzing reporting requirements for ERP systems. The candidate also needs to understand how Workday will be part of a holistic reporting strategy which includes security policies and other data sources outside of Workday.
Experience with Workday Financials is required. Experience with Workday Student, HCM and/or Payroll modules is highly desired but not required.
NOTE: This is an on-site position located in Boston. (Not a remote position)
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities:
Develop and implement new/enhanced Workday modules
- Participate in the Workday implementation project as a reporting subject-matter expert and contribute expertise in Workday's object model, delivered reports and dashboards, custom reports, calculated fields, report performance, security, testing, and deployment.
- Within each of the Workday functional areas, ensure operational and analytical reporting requirements are captured, documented, and analyzed.
- Responsible for designing and developing all Suffolk specific reporting requirements within Workday using the Workday delivered development tools.
- Ensure the Workday reporting design and delivery are consistent with Suffolk data security and delivery standards.
- Serve as primary liaison to functional users of supported systems. Communicate with users to extract and define needs.
- As a member of the core project team, the Workday Reporting Analyst will serve as the subject-matter expert of Workday reporting and analytics.
- The individual will play a key role in implementing Workday reporting & analytics across the University.
- Interact with all functional work streams to understand reporting needs and ensure cohesive and cross-functional impacts are considered and mitigated for reporting.
- Help define the strategy of Workday Reporting and support the development of Workday Reporting implementation roadmap.
- Analyze legacy reporting inventory, map reporting needs to Workday reporting options, identify strategies, risks, and options when gaps are identified, recommend approaches and mitigations to meet reporting requirements.
- Create or contribute to business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
- Develop and deploy standard and custom reports, dashboards, and scorecards across all functional modules.
- Work with technology/security teams to define and create calculated fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization.
- Lead efforts to analyze and optimize report performance.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Work towards Workday Pro certification and maintenance.
Provide support and maintenance of Workday to ensure optimal user functionality and technical integrity of configurations
- Maintain documentation of applications, policies, procedures and reporting.
- Maintain training materials.
- Establish and implement training programs for users and ITS Staff.
- Handle production support issues through resolution.
- Prioritizes, analyzes, and articulates problems.
- Evaluates and documents problem alternatives.
- Manages constraints and suggests interim and long-term solutions.
- Utilizes leading practices to effectively anticipate or solve problems.
- Engages appropriate stakeholders to productively and comprehensively solve problems.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to stakeholders.
- Reporting efforts: work with team management to set priorities, develop, test and roll out new/changed reports.
- Ensure system integrity: partner with stakeholders for semi-annual system upgrade testing and pertinent weekly upgrades.
Stakeholder/ITS Collaboration and Communication
- Utilizes exceptional communication and collaboration skills to serve as a key leader and partner in the discovery, evaluation, selection, planning, design, implementation, training and support for Workday.
- Establishes and maintains productive, cooperative working relationships with stakeholders from across the entire Suffolk community.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for enterprise resource planning. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge and experience with the following:
- Expertise in the deployment of ERP solutions that support Financial and Student business processes
- Experience with Workday ERP implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree (combined experience/education as substitute for education) in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- 4-5+ years of experience in one of the following fields: information technology, or higher education.
- Proven ability to facilitate collaboration across a broad audience of stakeholders and drive consensus in alignment with university policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to provide strategies and recommendations based on design and development methodologies.
- Ability to leverage lessons learned from past experiences to drive continuous improvement of application and business process solutions.
- Proven record of delivering end-to-end, user-centered products by considering stakeholder requirements, user research, market analysis, data, customer feedback, and technical constraints or opportunities.
- Experience leading requirement gathering interviews or sessions.
- Proven ability to measure results of user-centered products.
- Experience developing test strategies and plans using widely accepted test methodologies or frameworks.
- Experience utilizing analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Experience presenting technical topics in a business-oriented fashion to non-technical audiences.
- Proven experience establishing strong working relationships with a wide range of team members and clients.
- Proven ability to make efficient, logical decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated effective functional documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization abilities.
- Understanding of computer programming concepts such as the software development lifecycle.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and applications.
- This is an on-site position located in Boston. (Not a remote position)