Assistant Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations/Proposal Writer
Suffolk University invites applications for Assistant Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations/Proposal Writer. Suffolk University’s Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) program is critical to achieving the Office of Advancement Fundraising Goals and the university’s mission. For the successful candidate, the opportunity exists to develop and implements comprehensive fundraising strategies for the engagement, acquisition, stewardship, retention and upgrading of donations from Corporations and Foundations. This position will identify and secure philanthropic support for the University from Corporations and Foundations and write detailed, comprehensive and persuasive proposals. The Assistant Director of CFR will work in concert with Senior and Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, faculty, and other stakeholders to build a program that creates a commitment to Suffolk University from grant-making institutions to Suffolk University.
Write and/or renew proposals to raise philanthropic gifts for the University.
- Write 15-20 new or renewed grant proposals each year for $10K and above grants.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and potential donors to achieve increased gifts.
- Engage prospects and donors to support Suffolk and cultivate long-term philanthropic partnerships with them and the University, working closely with volunteers, the faculty, deans, and the administration.
- Assist Advancement staff with increasing the giving levels of Corporate and Foundation gift prospects
Manage the program to facilitate corporate and foundation giving to the University.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail as it relates to managing proposals shared with volunteers, the creation of written solicitation strategies with volunteers, accomplishing projects and tasks in the prescribed timeframe, and keeping colleagues engaged and informed as needed concerning program strategies.
- Assist CFR team with program stewardship, planning and coordination of site visits, and the production and delivery of progress reports.
- Identify new opportunities in Corporate and Foundation fund-raising.
- Collaborate with other University offices to meet Suffolk’s fundraising objectives.
- Participate as an active member of the university community by attending regular campus meetings and events (faculty presentations, student performances, Academic Awards, Convocation, and Commencement). Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in professional activities to raise Suffolk’s visibility in the profession and to stay current with trends in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree required.Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrate significant experience of at least 5 years in Advancement or a related academic division.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and advise staff and work independently and as part of a team to reach Advancement fund-raising goals.
- Willingness and ability to work independently with a variety of prospects, donors, faculty, staff members and program managers.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Superior organizational skills. Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Corporate and Foundation Fundraising resources preferred
- Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings, as assigned