Staff Assistant - Residence Life & Off-Campus Housing
The Staff Assistant is primarily responsible for the administration of the front desk area within the Department of Residence Life & Housing and Off-Campus Housing Office, maintaining calendars and public materials as well as the greeting of all students and visitors to the office. The incumbent is responsible for providing support to the Administrators within the Residence Life Office and Off-Campus Housing Office and performing, in limited capacity, reception functions for the floor.
- Act as telephone and in-person receptionist for Residence Life & Housing and Off-Campus Housing.
- Assess constituent needs, and make initial resolution of problems/issues/queries. Direct/escalate all necessary concerns to the appropriate staff member. Schedule and maintain appointments calendar. Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain and order supplies.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student employees. Input student payroll. Maintain departmental policy and procedures manual for student employees
- Assist with word processing, file management and data collection/storage including but not limited to:
- Maintain accuracy of fine collection for student conduct violations.
- Maintain accuracy of meal plans for each residential student. Collect forms and make changes within the appropriate time frame.
- Collect forms for break housing requests; create a spreadsheet for tracking and send out confirmations and denials. Update census form. Create a spreadsheet for tracking. Contact appropriate offices for confirmations. Send out confirmations or appropriate instructions to residents.
- Manage PO’s, check requests, transfers, and travel forms.
- Reconcile Director corporate card purchases with business office. Reconcile Ram Card purchases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associates Degree required.
- Ability to build and sustain effective professional and courteous interpersonal relations with a diverse constituency of students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential student information.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment, discretion, and initiative.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows/Microsoft environment and database systems.
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred.