Research Analyst - Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
Suffolk University is seeing qualified candidates for the position of Research Analyst in our Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. The Research Analyst will join the OIRA, working under the supervision of the Associate Provost, and will support the accurate, timely, effective, and efficient delivery and communication of research and reporting of institutional data. The analyst will work collaboratively with university leadership in utilizing data analytics to inform strategic initiatives and in the evaluation of such efforts. The analyst will assist with the systematic organization of data, data utilization, and reporting systems and the management of relational databases. Finally, the analyst will participate in utilization of statistical methods to help improve analyses and inferences of institutional data in support of reputational goals and overall institutional mission.
- Collaborate with leadership in strategic analyses and development of Suffolk University’s reputation. Reputational support will be with Marketing, Public Relations, and other institutional partners in efforts to enhance regional, national, and global reputation.
- Help maintain institutional databases and data warehousing used in reporting as well as data analytics. Operate a variety of software packages for data management, statistical analyses, and data visualization
- Help lead OIRA in study design, methodological consideration, and statistical analyses related to projects and predictive analytics specific to institutional outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with a wide range of institutional constituents in regard to data management and reporting. Clearly communicate findings through reports, dashboards, and data visualizations in support of effective constituent decision making.
- Masters Degree with 3+ years of professional experience or a Doctorate with 1+ year(s) of professional experience
- Institutional Research and experience within higher educational systems preferred
- Knowledge of Statistical Packages (e.g., SPSS, R, STATA)
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., Pivot Tables)
- Data Visualization Skills, Tableau preferred