Academic Coach - 10 month position - Student Success
Summary of Position:
The Academic Coach for Coaching & Academic Success Programs serves as an instructor and coach for specific cohorts of students (INTO pathway students). The incumbent also outreaches to and supports a caseload of students on probation and students placed on Early Alert.
- Outreach to specific cohorts of students to provide coaching support:
- First generation students
- INTO probation students
- Boston Public School students in the dual enrollment program, per the new strategic plan
- Overflow for coaching, particularly ‘General” coaching students
- Outreach to assigned caseload of Early Alert cases each semester
- Provide outreach and coaching support to caseload of students on academic probation
- Teach INTO sections of CAS101 or SBS100 each semester. Coach the INTO pathway students in these classes for a total of 5 appointments per student per semester
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in education or a related field required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Teaching/training experience required.
- Curriculum development experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and willingness to learn new software, as needed.
- Previous learning/tutoring center experience and working with college level students a plus.