Coordinator, Individual Giving - Advancement
Coordinate Advancement Programs for top individual giving prospects and donors. Under minimum supervision, provide varied and advanced support to the Major Gifts and Summa staff, working closely with the AVP of Individual Giving. Responsibilities include supporting fundraising work of a highly confidential and complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Working with Office of Advancement colleagues, organizes special meetings and Advancement programs which may include coordinating meeting rooms, ordering food, and preparing invitation and attendance mailings.
- Performs a wide variety of duties including donor contact and follow up. Screens, reviews and answers inquiries and determines appropriate follow-up within established guidelines. Answers telephone calls and tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers callers to the appropriate gift officer.
- Initiates communications via email and mail under supervision and drafts memos. Produces a variety of complex reports and interfaces with the research and data services personnel regularly. Independently gathers, compiles and analyzes information from multiple sources.
- Maintains the Major Gifts calendar, scheduling appointments and meetings for the giving officers, and initiating meetings with prospects and donors. Makes travel arrangements and reservations for Gift Officers and completes and processes travel and expense reimbursement forms.
- Maintains financial accounts to free the time of individual giving officers.
Maintains Individual Giving budgets and will handle other special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience.
- Excellent PC skills and command of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong multi-tasking and time management skills, an orientation to detail, customer service focus and comfort interacting with a diverse community are required.
- Must be creative and proactive. Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, take direction from more than one supervisor, and handle difficult situations with ease.
- A diligent work ethic and a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced work environment is essential
- Standard hours of this position to be determined by the supervisor, but generally from 9-5. Some evening and weekend work is required.