Financial Aid Assistant
- Ensure all paperwork received by the office via email, US mail, and fax is sorted, scanned, imaged and accurately routed according to Student Financial Services Office prescribed record requirements.
- Ensure all correspondence including, but not limited to award letters to students, student employment letters, fellowship award letters are prepared with accuracy, printed and sent out by the office in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensures student employment related responsibilities are handled in a timely, accurate and service oriented manner. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring students complete onboarding process including the I-9 and tax withholding as well as provide identification to confirm employment eligibility to work in the US. Ensure student earnings employment awards are not exceeded by reviewing biweekly earnings in the University’s workday system.
- Ensure student employees are provided with a mutually beneficial work schedule, oriented to the department, trained on carrying out their work tasks and complete their tasks accurately and completely within the specified deadline.
- Ensures office supply levels are maintained. This includes, but not limited to office stationery, printer ink and other necessary supplies.
Ensure the transfer of data between Colleague and Image Now, including ISIR images and ensuring all imaged documents are recorded in the appropriate screen within Colleague.
Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to using social media to post scholarships on office Facebook page, provide customer support at the service window during peak periods, and represent the OSFS at admission events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; one to three years of relevant office experience required.
- Strong computer skills including: MS Office (Word and Excel), Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, deadline oriented customer focused environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be creative and proactive. Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle difficult situations.
- Standard hours of this position are 8:45am to 4:45 pm, M-F but occasional weekend or evening hours required.