Accounting (Tax), Tenure Track
Suffolk University’s Sawyer Business School invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the assistant professor level in the Accounting Department. The anticipated start date is July 2020. Faculty responsibilities for this position include a total teaching load of five courses per academic year (with one course reduction for the initial year), advising and mentoring students, maintaining a productive research and publication agenda, and actively participating in the life of the department, college, and university through departmental services, faculty committees, and other activities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. So please apply as soon as possible.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Complete a Ph.D. in Accounting or related areas from an AACSB accredited institution or equivalent by August 31, 2020.
- Ability to teach Tax courses
- Demonstrated strong teaching and research (on any topic) potential.
- Committed to Community: contributes to a climate of civility, honesty, cooperation, professionalism and fairness
- Committed to Diversity: establishes a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for diversity
- Student Engagement: demonstrated ability to engage students in the subject matter and in student activities
- Take Initiative: interest in and demonstrated ability to meaningfully participate and to lead teams focused on strategic initiatives
- Outcomes focused: ability to set priorities and organize work streams to achieve learning outcome results aligned with University and Sawyer Business School goals
- Innovative and Creative: inspires and develops new approaches to addressing challenges and problems
To apply for the position, please submit a curriculum vita and resume online via the JobVite website. In addition, please send teaching evaluations, three reference letters, and any key publications to Maureen Dooley, Employment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.