MBA Tutor - Student Success
Summary of Position:
Depending on expertise, the professional tutor will lead study groups and provide individual tutoring for either MBA core courses, or advanced accounting and finance courses for undergraduate and graduate students. MBA core courses include economics, statistics, operations management, finance, accounting, and marketing. S/he will support students in the Sawyer Business School (SBS), with primary emphasis on graduate program tutoring; and may be asked to develop study materials to assist SBS students in these content areas.
- Tutor students who request assistance in targeted SBS courses, primarily graduate-level, through study group sessions and individual appointments. Tutoring can occur online or in the center, as determined by the Associate Director of CLAS. Tutors will document tutoring notes through tutor management system for individual appointments.
- Train in specific topics related to assisting college students, engaging with students of concern, etc. Training may be in person or online. Meet with program supervisors to discuss position-related issues
- Facilitate large group tutoring sessions at the end of the semester for final exam review. Develop study materials to assist students with specific content areas
- MBA or Master’s Degree in related area.
- Competency in one or more of the following content areas: economics, statistics, operations management, finance, accounting, or marketing.
- Skilled in Excel and the use of a financial calculator.
- Knowledge of mathematical topics students need to be successful in quantitative courses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills