Administrative Coordinator - College of Arts and Sciences - Dean's office
Summary of Position
This position provides administrative support for the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office (CAS).
Maintain Dean’s calendar and provide coverage for reception area. Staff and coordinate events such as orientations, Commencement and Convocation. Use software and systems including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, the University's student database system and others to prepare memos, correspondence, tables, and reports as needed.
- Oversee and provide support for a wide variety of tasks related to the Dean of the College and Assistant Dean of Administrative Services in the College. Process (at times) confidential information such as faculty contracts (full and part-time); review of financial items; student course evaluations; faculty annual performance evaluations. In some instances required communication (written and or oral) between University Offices and Academic Departments (e.g. Office of the President and Provost; Deans’ Offices; Registrar’s Office, as well as others) as required to facilitate tasks.
- Provide assistance as needed with various Deans’ projects that require close attention to detail and confidentiality. Provide research assistance as needed (compile background information re. new programs, market trends, academic policies, etc.). Assist with editing and proofreading.
- Maintain Dean’s calendar. Coordinate and schedule meetings, which includes: Preparing agendas, announcements/communication, arranging catering if requested, taking minutes for meetings for review, approval and will maintain approved minutes for future reference.
- Provide office coverage including answering telephone calls and greeting visitors. Professionally and tactfully handle inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and visitors, and/or refer complex matters to appropriate departments or individuals.
- Assist with preparation for special projects and events (e.g., Commencement, Convocation). Will coordinate and staff events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an office setting is required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook. Ability to learn and use University database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, deadline-oriented customer focused environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be creative and proactive.
- Must have strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle sensitive situations with tact and sound judgement.
- Standard hours of this position are 8:45am to 4:45 pm, M-F.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends to staff events for the College or University such as Commencement and other events through the academic year.