Graduate Admission Counselor
Suffolk University invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Graduate Admission Counselor. Reporting to the Associate Director of Graduate Admission, this position works as part of an admissions team responsible for the recruitment and admission of students to the graduate programs in the College of Arts (CAS) and Sciences and the Sawyer Business School (SBS). The Graduate Admission Counselor will provide support of application review, recruitment travel, and the participation in on and off campus events for CAS and SBS. Emphasis will be placed on increasing awareness of Suffolk as a leader in graduate education, and increasing inquiries, applications, and enrollments of high quality students through strategic initiatives and superior customer service.
- Represent the CAS and SBS graduate programs at local, national and international recruitment events to identify and attract best-fit candidates for Suffolk University. Counsel prospective students in person, via email, and phone inquiries regarding academic offerings and admission processes and conduct group presentations to recruit quality candidates to the university.
- Manages a portfolio of programs, working closely with academic program directors to attract top-quality applicants to Suffolk University’s graduate certificate, masters, and doctoral programs.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate evaluation of graduate program applicants using a digital-based application system. The incumbent will issue admission decisions and rankings for special financial aid merit programs in accordance with University parameters. Will perform other project work and liaison work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
- Strong time management and ability to meet strict, frequent deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Ability to engage and network with prospective applicants including the ability to represent the University professionally, express the value of attending Suffolk and to ‘sell’ a vision
- Strong creativity and innovation; willingness to try new approaches to achieve desired objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write a wide variety of concise, engaging and professional material directed to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Must be 18 years old, have at least two years of driving experience and have a valid driver’s license from the U.S. or U.S. Territories; must submit to an annual driver record check and maintain an acceptable driving record per university and/or insurance carrier requirements; must complete the University driver safety training within 60 days of hire and additional driver training as needed.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, including having a valid passport
- Ability working nights and weekends as required for recruiting events