International Prospect Research Analyst
Under the direction of Advancement’s leadership and reporting to the Senior Director of Prospect Research and Management, the International Prospect Research Analyst will produce strategic information to support the University's fundraising efforts. The position is directly related to the goal of diversifying University’s revenue stream by providing the information necessary to establish major gift fundraising prospects. The position also serves the core commitment to expand the University’s international reach. The position identifies & evaluates new prospects, and researches & writes detailed reports to deepen knowledge of the University's current prospects, especially international ones.
- Addresses a wide variety of research requests ranging from biographical reports to briefing memos to inform fundraising strategies and support prospect visits.
- Research may include analysis of complex corporate, stockholder, or genealogical information
- Calculates or confirms gift capacity rating
- Prepares written reports and memos as assigned
- Chronicles prospect’s relationship with the University
- Performs pro-active identification and evaluation of potential new prospects and data-mining through internal and external sources to increase the quantity and quality of fundraising prospects, principally international ones.
- Discovers new fundraising prospects, especially internationally-based one
- Prepares written reports and memos as appropriate
- Calculates gift capacity ratings
- Monitor information pipelines to identify and enhance knowledge of current fundraising prospects. (5% of time)
- Responsible for monitoring major newspapers, journals and on-line sources for information on a selected prospect pool. Findings will be communicated timely to prospect managers and appropriate staff.
- Pursue prospect research professional development to improve job performance (5% of time)
- Responsible for having current knowledge of prospect research trends, tools and techniques. Assists in evaluating new tools to support industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-3 years Advancement experience
- Foreign language fluency required: Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish
- Strong research, writing, computer and analytical skills
- Ability to search on-line/web databases and social media and to understand search strategies and database content
- Intellectual curiosity required
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation
- Ability to work to deadlines independently and as a member of a team