Assistant Professor, Business Law and Ethics
POSITION: Business Law & Ethics Faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank. The anticipated start date is Fall 2019. This is for a tenure-track position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- J.D. from and ABA-accredited law school.
- M.B.A or other relevant graduate business degree from an AACSB-accredited school.
- A relevant Ph.D. from an AACSB-accredited school may be substituted for the graduate degree requirement.
- Potential for excellent teaching and research.
- Candidates with industry experience are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with an expertise in corporate compliance, intellectual property, or data privacy are encouraged to apply.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY: Suffolk University emphasizes both teaching and research. The standard teaching load is 5 semester courses per academic year. Candidates must have a commitment to research which leads to quality refereed publications. BLE faculty conduct research in various business law and ethics journals which may include both legal and social science outlets..
THE BUSINESS SCHOOL: The Sawyer Business School offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including BSBA, MBA and other graduate programs along with several joint degrees The school is AACSB accredited. The Sawyer Business School has over 100 full-time faculty members and offers an undergraduate degree in business administration and numerous graduate degree programs in Boston and online. We are internationally accredited in business and accounting by AACSB.
THE UNIVERSITY: Suffolk University is a private school located in Boston, next to the financial district. The university serves a culturally-diverse student population who come from all over the world.
APPLICATION: Candidates are invited to send an application letter; resume; as well as, the following documents where applicable: teaching evaluations; a copy of their transcript; and names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references to: Jason Peterson, Chair and Associate Professor, Business Law & Ethics Department; Suffolk University, Boston, MA.
Please send (email only) all application materials c/o:
Business Law & Ethics Department