STG is looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive a large federal contract and oversee the business operations on a strategic program. The work is located at Arlington, VA.
STG is looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage a large federal task order contract. An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 years of IT work experience in a large mission critical project involving COTS integration, management of information systems, software at Dept. of State. The work involves leading a large team of strategic consulting, operational and software development resources and overseeing all aspects of the project.
The selected individual will work with Technical Directors, Architects, and other project team members and consultants, bringing together the full range of technical and business competencies needed to assist STG management with the successful achievement of customer service deliverables and SLAs, management reporting, enterprise quality audit and other work deliverables which are consistent with organizational goals and objectives. The candidate’s work responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of the PMO and leading a team of IT engineers, software development teams and analysts
- Develop a Program Management strategy that controls scope, offering integrated master scheduling, resource management, quality management, risk management, communication management, and change management
- Perform staffing and human resource management activities.
- Implement Agile and Lean for development and operational activities.
- Manage the systems life cycle for all major elements of the project.
- Analyze and successfully address program/project issues related to cost, schedule, scope, and quality.
- Provide innovative solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations on schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project.
- Oversee systems analysis, long and short range plans for application selection, systems development and maintenance, and production support activities
- Manage all contractual and financial aspects of the program
- Support performance reporting, cost reports, and management reporting on the contract as required.
- Assure top quality of contract deliverable submissions and ensure compliance with customer quality practices, SAFe, Agile, CMMI Level 3, and ISO (9001, 20001, 27001).
- Contribute to Task Order Management/Project Management Plan.
- Support Planning and Status Reporting.
- Collaborate closely with customer stakeholders, sub-contract partners and Enterprise teams to educate, coordinate, and drive strategic relationships to winning outcomes.
- Develop Strategies in support of delivering services
- Oversee system release and migration strategy development
- Drive training strategy development
- Manage Business Process gap analyses, COTS evaluations and resulting support service planning and generation
- Experience managing software development/IT projects of 25+.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrable experience leading Programs and projects in positions of increasing responsibility
- 12+ years overall IT experience
- Active or Interim Secret Clearance required; Top Secret preferred
- Experience leading programs involving technology migration, IT operations, Software Development, Program Management
- Understanding and experience with Agile, Lean, DevOps, ITSM, ITIL.
- Understanding and experience with Continuous Delivery tools and processes; Application Lifecycle Management Tools.
- Demonstrable expertise in more than one of the following: Software Engineering, IT Operations, COTS evaluation and integration, Workplace Management Solutions such as Tririga,
- BS in Information Technology or related field
- Experience working with Department of State Customers
- SAFe Agilist certification
- Certified Scrum Master