SQL Server DWH Infrastructure DBA
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the Installation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server Data Warehouse (DWH) system, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate DWH solution. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server DWH, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Participation in on-call shifts on weekends
Skills and Capabilities
- 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Data warehousing experience, familiarity with ETL processing
- Energetic and proactive thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Quality oriented approach
- Academic degree in Computer Science or IT/IS
- Experience in e-gaming
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certification
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the
Our employees can always
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group,