Data Protection Specialist - 6 month FTC
The role: Data Protection Specialist
We are looking for a Data Protection Specialist for our Compliance team. This role is based in our Malta office, but you’ll work closely with your colleagues across the globe.
Are you our next star player?
This role is heavily involved in assisting, responding and managing Data Subject Access Requests (SAR requests) for the Group. We want to really improve our response time to this requirement for customers and this position will really help to deliver on that promise to reduce any delays, improving the player’s experience with us.
You will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of end to end processes, monitoring compliance, reporting compliance key controls and for instilling a strong data protection culture within the Group. The role will also support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in running data protection related requests or projects as they arise.
If you've got a strong interest and desire to qualify in Data Protection, GDPR, ePrivacy and other privacy regulatory frameworks – this role will give you further insight into these areas.
You can expect to be working cross-functionally with teams such as: IT, Online, Retails and Operations to improve internal controls around data protection.
To give you more context on how the work you will do will help, here’s a quote from your future manager, Dani, “ensuring that we are able to meet our legal obligations as well as manage our customer’s expectations by providing accurate and appropriate information upon request plays a vital part in our day to day business operations.”
Why we need you:
You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate processes, systems and structures are in place to lead compliance with the Group’s data protection obligations. You can expect to be involved in:
- Handling data subject access requests (DSAR’S) and customer queries/complaints. Maintaining procedures and SLAs for handling DSAR’s, right to be forgotten requests and recording all relevant information on the internal database
- Liaising with other departments to collect all data necessary to meet SLAs. Building knowledge of DSAR exemptions to ensure exemptions are applied accurately.
- Continuously reviewing DSAR procedures to ensure adherence to all requirements and to drive continuous improvement in existing processes.
- Executing GDPR compliance work including GDPR compliance activities, data protection impact assessments, data mapping services to aid in addressing risk management issues that comply with GDPR requirements
- Writing briefs on above topic areas. Building a proven knowledge of data protection to become a subject matter authority in the area
- Contributing to internal GDPR-related projects, to ensure organisational compliance with all processes and procedures, including internal training of staff interfacing with Data Protection.
Who we’re looking for:
We are really looking for someone who has a background in understanding data protection, with a strong technical knowledge and competence level in this area.
We’ll need you to be an assertive individual; confident and able to operate credibly with senior staff members.
There will be an expectation that you have experience in presenting; you’ll need really strong communication skills as well as an ability to accurately identify key issues and communicate them broadly.
As with all roles in this area, we’ll expect you to have exceptionally strong attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and be able to show that from your prior experience in a similar role.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 EUR as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.