Department Head of Product, Platform & Jurisdiction
The role: Department Head of Product, Platform & Jurisdiction
We are looking for a Department Head of Product, Platform & Jurisdiction to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds service office.
Why we need you: -
Reporting to the Director of Product, Group Sports and Trading Platforms, this role will be responsible for owning the Product Roadmap across the Platform & Jurisdiction teams.
Based in Leeds with travel required to the other offices you will play a fundamental role in the future development and success of BetStars and SkyBet. Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and our development team in Sofia you will be responsible for ensuring the Platform our Tribe’s products are built on are stable, scalable, easy to deploy and cost effective whilst balancing the need to improve existing systems with the demands of the business to expand into new jurisdictions.
Acting as the interface between the delivery squads, project teams, other Product Teams and our stakeholders, you will be responsible for the elicitation and communication of business requirements at every level; ultimately breaking requests down into backlog items that engineers understand and can build. You will use data to drive your decisions and in doing so prioritise the relevant backlogs to create first class platforms and maximise value to the business.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage the Platform squad & Jurisdictions roadmap across the business, coordinating with other tribes and working with internal stakeholders, including senior management across technology, marketing, research, commercial and trading to ensure we maximise the return on our investment and time
- Work with and lead your team to set the vision and roadmap, aligning everyone behind a common goal, to motivate and energise behind that vision; building a shared understanding of the platform with the team
- Share the reasoning behind your decisions with appropriate stakeholders, define and communicate the priority for delivery.
- Full end-to-end management of all aspects of the squad’s systems and services to deliver first class platforms and ultimately revenues for the business
- Define clear & unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements and processes and communicate these as appropriate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders
- Use Commercial, Insight and Research functions to identify the features with the most customer and business value to identify opportunities and to prioritise the backlog.
- Build relationships with other Product Managers across the business to understand how your areas of focus impact or depend on other roadmaps and subsequently get those opportunities scheduled on their roadmaps
- Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of relevant systems and business processes
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in Operational and Technology functions
- Working without boundaries to ensure your product area delivers best-in-class features rapidly, to a high-quality and sustainably
- Review/measure/assess delivered solutions to ensure fitness for purpose
- Explore opportunities to improve effectiveness of delivery; making recommendations and changes in process as appropriate
- Ad-hoc analysis of operational data to discover opportunities and fix problems
- Facilitates workshops, interviews and meetings with business stakeholders and their delegates to capture and document the existing business process and desired changes, using standard process modelling techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of managing end-to-end delivery; from concept to cash, ensuring frequent, successful and well-coordinated releases to users
Who are we looking for: -
We are looking for an individual of potential, with relevant product delivery experience in a consumer facing digital or ecommerce environment.
We’ll want you to have prior product management experience at a senior level within a lean / agile development methodology. You’ll have an analytical and inquisitive mind-set with the ability to translate business cases and analysis into tangible outcomes.
We’ll want you to have an ability to maintain a good balance between short-term delivery and longer-term planning. You’ll be naturally collaborative, and with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual. You will bring high levels of commitment and enthusiasm, with an interest in and knowledge of the latest technology and media trends, in particular an interest in mobile based products.
As with all of our roles, you’ll be a highly organised and self-motivated individual, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion. You’ll need to be able to showcase excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation.
As the ideal candidate, you will have: -
Potentially sports betting experience would be interesting to see, but is definitely not a requirement for this role.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). You can make the most of our personal interest allowance in order to learn something new or pursue a hobby. If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations.
In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the GSTP department.