Junior DevOps Engineer (US Platform)
The role: Junior DevOps Engineer (US Platform)
We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer (US Platform) to join our Sports Development team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Are you our next star player?
Come and join a new team to build exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high-velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We’re lean, we’re agile, and DevOps is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Why we need you
The Junior DevOps Engineer is a member of a team responsible for daily management, changes and fixtures of Sportsbook and Trading application system thus including the from-end and back-end. While your role is very technical in nature you will be called upon to discuss these matters to business-minded individuals inside the organization. You will take a prime role in supporting the operational availability of these systems daily.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Take initiative to improve the performance, efficiency of the Sportsbook system
- Support other project activities and contribute to the knowledge and experience sharing
- Collaborate/coordinate with the other DevOps specialists
- Consulting across the tribe on best practice
Our Site Reliability/ DevOps (US Platform) team ensures 24/7 coverage of our systems and as part of the team you`ll have to take part in the on-call shift schedule. Your focus will be the American market so occasionally you might be required to work out of standard working hours (for example during Sunday NFL, Super Bowl etc.)
Who we’re looking for
- A year + of experience in IT Infrastructure role
- Working with Linux/ UNIX
- Experience in Nginx and/or Apache web servers
- Focussed on Java, Nginx, Postgres, Zabbix, Grafana, SVN, GIT, Bash, Python, New Relic, PagerDuty etc.
- Knowledge in Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Knowledge in automation/configuration management (Salt/ Puppet/ Chef)
- Knowledge in build systems (Apache Ant/Mode/Maven)
- Good communication skills
- Time-management and ability to prioritize
- Open to learn new stuff
- Curious by nature
- Analytical thinking
- Flexibility and resistance in fast-paced working environment.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Social benefit package contributing to your lunch and transportation expenses.
- 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- MultySport membership
- In-house training and development of your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.