Why we need you:
We are looking for a JIRA Engineer who will be responsible for the ongoing support, maintenance security, and ongoing improvements of our Atlassian ecosystem.
You will work on all aspects of Atlassian platform system engineering and application support, customization, improvements and maintenance.
You will have a direct impact to the customer experience through the design, implementation and continues improvement of new features and functionalities; building towards a platform that provides the required value enhancement tooling, capabilities, capacity and performance that align with business needs and goals.
Working and providing technical inputs our Atlassian roadmap, key objectives and goals and mapping these into backlog deliverable, you will be working directly with business teams in a collaborative fashion, gathering feed backing and building strong relationships that will enable smooth project and task delivery. At the same time working within the technical team to drive internal process, system improvements, Incident and SLA management and automation improvements.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive performance, disaster recovery, security and scaling initiatives, continuously monitoring Atlassian products across versions, and evaluating the multiple factors that could impact their scale and/or stability whether this be a single or clustered instance.
- Provide day-to-day support for the management of projects within our portfolio. These may be Enterprise-wide transformation programs impacting the whole company, or tactical initiatives that require your skillset to get them done.
- You will lead by example to promote a culture of innovation and quality across the JIRA engineering team and exhibit a relentless focus on our users’ needs and success.
- Demonstrate a relentless focus for automation across all areas, both technical operations and workflow process management, with the objective of continually reviewing and enhancing productivity and efficiencies, helping teams reduce TOIL replacing manual activities for automated routines.
- Align toolset activities with Agile adoption, supporting the organization in their transformation by delivery the correct tooling. Working with the Agile Guild to define, design and implement JIRA projects for teams engaging in new ways of working.
- Cooperate closely with the portfolio management team to maximize value through the development of new features and enhancements for the business user community and the continuous maintenance of the existing portfolio projects and provide in the creation of high-quality requirements and the creation of user guides for new features / products.
- Champion Atlassian solutions and/or 3rd party solutions that can further deliver enhancements and business value to the organization such as JIRA Service Desk, JIRA Core, et. Work with teams to showcase product demos, participate in proof of concepts, create business cases and new product integrations.
- Engage with both technical and business stakeholder to identify opportunities for optimization of JIRA projects with various schemas, workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes required.
- Advocate the usage of Realtime custom dashboard and integrate JIRA projects with Confluence pages. Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Finally, you can expect to maintain detailed documentation and when necessary deliver training and mentorship to users.
Who are we looking for:
In this role, we’re looking for you to have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience with web application and/or complex systems development (Java, Groovy)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Atlassian product administration in enterprise setting (5000+ users)
- Hands-on knowledge of Atlassian products and add-on development tools, SDK, APIs
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Power Linux user or past experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with database administration/maintenance, JQL, SQL, advanced querying and data structure models
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently in fast paced environment
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems with minimum supervision
As the ideal candidate, you will:
Have experience with Jira custom workflow development, product customization and 3rd party system integrations (compatibility and impact assessments).
What's in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuit a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enroll to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organize great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the StarsWeb Framework Development team.