Poker QA Specialist
We are looking for a Poker QA Specialist with technical skills and strong poker knowledge to join our well established and dynamic PokerStars team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What will you be doing?
You will be working alongside other Poker Specialists (QA and Developers) to maintain a high standard of quality for our existing core poker products. Our team is dynamic and friendly, very encouraging and professional!
You will be engaged with reviewing functional and design specifications in order to identify testing requirements and ensure full grasping of work. This requires working closely with product owners and developers.
It is a great opportunity to develop and improve your technical skills across different platforms. You will implement test cases using server, desktop Windows/Mac clients, mobile Android/iOS clients, and web clients. You will be involved in the verifying of actual results against expected results and ensuring that application logs are free of errors and database tables contain valid data.
It will be beneficial to spot out missed requirements, requirement gaps, and functional bugs. Part of your job will be to documenting and prioritizing these issues and verifying that they are fixed in a timely manner. You will be attending project meetings and providing detailed status reports and updates on your deliverables.
Who are we looking for?
- Online poker experience and a solid understanding of many different poker games.
- You are curious by nature and passionate about quality testing, willing to focus and commit to finding problems with our software before our internal and external customers do. You are interested in testing complex applications that connect gaming activities with a complex world of enterprise information systems.
- Some quality assurance or technical experience is an asset, such as testing client/server applications or desktop/mobile/web clients, providing production support, investigating application logs, or experience with a programming language or SQL.
- You must have a post-secondary degree, preferably with a background in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Strong logical and analytical skills and the ability to think clearly and flexibly, as well as skills to multitask and balance several projects and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills, so to report the results in a clear, concise, in a detailed manner, both verbally and in writing.
- You must be a motivated and dedicated and supportive teammate and be willing to help out where and when help is needed.
- You must be detail-focused and be able to catch small issues and inconsistencies that others would miss.
What’s in it for you?
You will hone and expand your skills and grow your carrier in areas of online gaming and complex enterprise systems of the size and complexity found in large financial institutions.
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and also like to throw in a discretionary annual performance bonus. In addition, we provide advice and financial relocation assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). In addition, you are entitled to a personal allowance interest which encourages our employees to upskill themselves or pursuing a hobby. A baby bounty is offered to our employees as well, granting 1000 BGN upon the birth of a child.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career. In the office there is always free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks. In addition, we contribute a certain amount to the transportation and lunch expenses of our employees.
Our employees can always enroll to our sports program, and in terms of relaxation we have a playroom, including a PlayStation and a pool table. Our social team organizing great events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry-leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Bulgaria service office in the Web Applications and Tools department.