Lead Designer - Sports
The role: Lead Designer - Sports
Betstars are looking for a highly talented, passionate and driven Lead Designer (Supporting Design Manager) to join their growing team of brand creatives in Leeds. Reporting to the BetStars Design Manager, the Lead Designer will be responsible for helping drive and shape creative outputs across the global Betstars brand portfolio.
The Lead Designer must have strong proven digital brand design skills (awards are good) a keen eye for detail, great typographical knowledge and the ability to deliver award winning digital brand solutions alongside a talented team of like-minded designers. Working with global brands BetStars and SkyBet the role will offer the chance to be part of the ever-evolving brand landscape they dominate in a fast-paced sporting world.
- Creating best in class digital design for the BetStars brand, for key campaigns, websites, social media and product as requested under the guidance of the BetStars Design Manager and Senior Creative Manager
- Providing creative support and insight into evolving Betstars key brand portfolios
- Provide guidance and inspiration to team members in the pursuit of developing new and engaging visual styles and creative solutions.
- Advising and supporting designers based on the visual direction discussed with the Design Manager and Senior Creative Manager.
- Working with the Design Manager to review all incoming briefs, and brainstorm the best approach for creative / brand solution
- Assisting the Design Manager in overseeing the scheduling and trafficking of all creative briefs and assigning work to the rest of the design team.
- Support and facilitation of freelancers with creative brand outputs.
- Assist the Design manager in building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Assist the Design Manager in building and refining robust procedures and maintaining documentation.
- Assisting, training and supporting our external versioning agency in the production of our language specific creative
Skills and Capabilities
- Degree/Diploma in design or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Advanced user of Adobe CS software on Mac platform
- A strong portfolio showing a thorough understanding and experience in online digital brand design.
- Ability to design bespoke, original and refined creative brand solutions.
- Excellent typographic skills
- Experience of working within and executing brand guidelines
- Ability and willingness to follow creative direction but also interpret briefs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sports environment within established processes
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with an adaptable and positive attitude
- Experience supporting other designers and/or freelancers – assisting in design refinement and reviewing work.
- Sports knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the online Sports Betting industry
- Experience in other creative disciplines (Illustration, Motion, Video, 3D) – we have teams that specialise in these areas but the ability to consult or input creative ideas / work alongside them on projects would be beneficial.
Our company values:
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this job is based on experience, so whilst we are not able to go into detail at this stage, we can say that we offer great salary packages and a discretionary annual performance bonus. We can also provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
We offer health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address). If you have a baby whilst you work for us, we will give you 1000 GBP as congratulations. In addition to that, we provide the opportunity for a discounted gym membership.
Our in-house training and development team deliver fantastic support in terms of developing your skills and helping you progress your career.
The Stars Group is the ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands such as PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, and the PokerStars Live brands, and through its ownership of Sky Betting & Gaming, a mobile-led leading online gaming operator, licenses the Sky Bet, Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Bingo and Sky Poker online gaming brands. Collectively, these and other brands of The Stars Group have millions of registered customers globally, forming one of the world’s largest publicly listed online gaming companies. This role is in the Group’s Leeds service office in the Marketing department.