Department Head of Delivery
The GSTP Mission:
To progressively build, deploy and run best-in-class customer experiences on a consolidated Group Sports & Trading Platform across online, mobile and retail in all territories
Our cross-functional teams in Leeds, London
What you’ll do:
As Department Head of Delivery in the Group Sports and Trading Platform Tribe, you will be responsible and accountable for a fast-paced and energetic Agile delivery portfolio and a distributed team that spans 3 Sub-Tribes containing 18 Squads. You will manage the delivery of multiple work streams and initiatives in a fast-paced, Lean-Agile environment to support the continuing growth of TSG.
You will lead and grow a talented and high performing team of Agile delivery specialists made up of Agile Programme Managers and Agile Delivery Managers. You will also be expected to act as a mentor and coach to facilitate their progression within the Tribe and company.
You will have the exciting opportunity to foster a continuous improvement culture and, through the use of data, the ability to “fail fast and cheaply” and learn from the experience. You will also be responsible for empowering your team and facilitating the delivery of high-quality products regularly, repeatedly and predictably through a focus on risk management, technical excellence, business value, dependency management and the needs of the customer.
You will drive consistency in delivery approach to ensure teams’ commitments are being met and the quality of what is being delivered remains high. In addition, you will also provide the opportunity to grow skills and capabilities within the team to take advantage of new technologies and tools as they emerge.
You will be expected to continuously look for improvements and drive change within the Tribe, through innovating ways of working, introducing new processes and constantly evolving our approach to delivery.
How you’ll do it:
- Exceptional leadership skills will ensure that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your knowledge and experience of delivery and Agile ways of working
- You will be a leader - experienced in Agile programme and portfolio management advocating new tools and techniques to continue innovating delivery ways of working and processes and be confident influencing and conversing with technical and business colleagues
- You thrive under pressure, but can also think strategically and plan for future growth, structure
- You are an exceptional communicator and have experience in managing multiple challenging stakeholders with an ability to shape and influence decisions at
- You’ll be able to show effective communication of delivery progress to all stakeholders, including the Sports MD and Leadership Team.
- Your experience and insight will guide you to identify risks and issues, but you will be data-driven in your decision making and promote this approach within the team
- You know how to harness distributed agile dev teams to deliver business objectives on time whilst staying focused on cost and risk through MVP, short feedback loops, adaptive planning, continuous improvement
andshort planning cycles.
- You will be experienced in leading medium-large teams, managing senior managers and be focused on career development to enable your team members to develop and thrive.
- You’ll work with 3rd party software and service providers to ensure they deliver appropriate levels of quality in a cost-effective, TTM-focussed way.
How we work:
open mindednessand an ability to work well with people at all levels of the business isat the heart of how we work. We are extremely collaborative and always look to build strong relationships with our peers and stakeholders
- We are outcome focused with the ability to determine what adds value and what does not
- Initiative, inquisitiveness and never being satisfied with the status-quo - always challenging the team and supporting them to be more efficient and advance their skills
- Clear, concise and influential communication using insightful reports and raising issues to stakeholders and keeping them up to date on a regular basis
- Confident and credible when working with senior executives
- We are creative and innovative in our thinking, but measured and decisive with our actions to ensure the best results are consistently delivered
Why should you work for us?
Huge challenges. You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition.
Make a difference. It’s your chance to work on greenfield developments where you’ll build and run new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career so far and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale.
Works with the best. You’ll be part of the award-winning Sky Betting & Gaming and Stars Group tech family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways.