Software Engineer (C++, all-rounder)
We are looking for talented C++ software engineers with a strong all-round grounding to work principally on the Football Manager Mobile project. These positions offer the opportunity to be an integral part of a small, close-knit team, and to take ownership of complex and interesting areas of the codebase as we look to push this fast-growing game on to the next level. Working closely with the Creative Director, Producer and Artists, the Mobile project allows you to express your game design talents as well as to engage your coding skills across the breadth of the product. You might one month be designing and implementing a brand new gameplay module (or overhauling an existing one), the next month brushing up an area of the UI or working on some match improvements - there won't be a shortage of variety.
These positions will suit someone motivated and detail-oriented, who will be happy to use their communication skills to push the rest of the team on to improve as well as to continue developing their own knowledge. While this is a mobile project, we develop in C++ and value the skill and passion you can show us above mobile gaming experience.
We are looking for at the minimum one senior and one mid-level engineer, but a junior showing the right aptitude may also be considered.
- Design and develop new gameplay functionality, principally for mobile
- Improve and maintain existing gameplay modules
- Contribute to the development of new user interface functionality
- Work with other teams at SI to help integrate shared code where necessary
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- Work closely with artists, developers and producers to help push our games to be better
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant professional experience using C++ as the main language
- Strong programming skills in C++, with knowledge of the latest standards and best practices
- Knowledge of football
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with team members across all disciplines
- Comfortable using PC, Mac and Linux platforms
- An interest in and some knowledge of game design
- Experience of mobile gaming and cross-platform development
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.