Market Maker - Tennis
Market Maker – Tennis
Location – Kennington/Wigan
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
Reporting to the Head of Tennis, this role will see the person as part of the Tennis Trading team responsible for the pricing and trading output for both Sporting Index and Sporting Solutions Partners. You will be involved with the day-to-day pricing and trading of Tennis events and in doing so will develop an intimate understanding of the different platforms and methods involved in successfully meeting the requirements of the business.
Working on the Tennis trading desk, Market Makers have responsibilities for:
- Managing the event set-up process on a day-to-day basis for both the Spreads and Fixed Odds Platforms.
- Research, price compilation, trading and liability management for Tennis, for both the Spreads and Fixed Odds platforms.
- Live trading in running of ATP/WTA Main Tour and Challenger matches, which includes result and settlement checking, as well as liability management throughout the trading life cycle.
- Understanding the software used for the trading of feed-driven matches for Tennis, including the Connect platform, which is used to send prices of both Pre-Match and Live Tennis matches to Sporting Solutions Partners, and the Feed Trading Interfaces.
- Understanding the intricacies of the Pre-Match tool and the impact it has upon prices for both Sporting Index Spreads and Sporting Solutions Partners, including SPIN Fixed Odds.
- Accepting clients’ bets, explaining Tennis markets to Clients and dealing with any client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Conducting detailed background research for different markets, updating databases and spreadsheets where necessary, and aid the pricing of Long Term and Specials markets;
- Monitoring prices against the general market for B2B Sporting Solutions Partners where applicable to Tennis;this will include dealing with Sporting Solutions Partner queries for Tennis when raised in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Liaise between different cross-functional internal teams (Product, Modelling) when issues are raised related to Tennis in real-time and aid the timely and successful solution of issues for Sporting Solutions partners.
- Pricing and trading certain events under the instruction and tutelage of the Head of Sport;
- Assist with the reporting of the performance of individual markets, clients etc. relating to Tennis;
- Demonstrates an understanding of Company targets and strategy, particularly related to the Trading Floor;
- Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of the different trading styles required for pre-match and in-play trading, and the importance of Sporting Solutions partners in respect to this;
- Understands the importance of trading for partners other than Sporting Index, and maintains an updated knowledge of different Company platforms and how they related to partner needs.
- Demonstrates a good level of interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships across the entire Trading Floor;
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of two years or equivalent experience of trading spread betting and/or fixed odds markets.
- Someone who’s very passionate about Tennis and has a wide range and exceptional knowledge of both the ATP and WTA players, as well as the major tournaments on the Calendar.
- They must have an excellent understanding of the game itself, including surface variations and player matchups and how these vary between the different surfaces;
- An ongoing understanding of how the game of Tennis is evolving and how certain trends are affecting results;
- Be willing to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and at times trading throughout the night.
- Display the company core values of excellence, teamwork, ownership, fairness and passion;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of sports in general;
- Good knowledge of spread betting and the wider betting industry;
- Numerate with good interpersonal skills;
- Good IT Skills particularly Office;
- Ability to work within a team and individually as required.
Extra marks if you have
- Knowledge of both the heritage and identity of Sporting Index;
- Calm temperament, able to cope with a pressurised atmosphere.