Data Analyst - Tableau and Alteryx
Data Analyst – Tableau & Alteryx
Location – Kennington
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
As a Data Analyst at Sporting Group you will primarily use Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Alteryx Designer. You will prepare data and reporting for distribution across Sporting Group, whilst advocating for the benefits of using data to improve decision making. You will have the opportunity to learn about the gambling sector whilst being involved with projects across the entire organization.
The successful candidate will join a busy data analysis team. The role will include:
- Fostering a data-led and data-curious business culture.
- Translating data into insightful visualisations and interactive reports to support decision making at all levels within the business.
- Creating customer, competitor and operational insights to improve business performance.
- Working alongside B2B and B2C business teams such as marketing, finance and trading to understand their requirements and deliver suitable reporting.
- Example project areas include customer profiling, sport-specific trading performance and customer care
- Work with data sources including Google and AWS cloud databases and storage, Snowflake cloud data warehouse, Oracle data clusters, agile task tracking systems, etc
- Providing training and driving engagement in Tableau across the business.
What we are looking for
- Highly skilled with Tableau Desktop, including LOD calculations, blending and table calculations.
- Highly skilled with Alteryx Designer, including experience querying APIs.
- SQL experience, including aggregations, joins and sub-queries.
- Knowledge of Tableau Server front-end administration.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to deliver actionable insight.
- Great communication skills, including the ability to translate non-technical requirements into technical specifications.
- A pro-active, inquisitive and investigative approach to data analysis; a willingness to continuously iterate on reports, and thoroughly validate data before publishing to stakeholders.
- Confident in handling complex transactional data sets in Tableau and Alteryx.
- A current Tableau Public profile which demonstrates your competency with the software.
- You should be prepared to discuss your published work during the interview process.
- Awareness of Tableau Server back-end administration and maintenance.
- Experience using Scrum or Kanban to monitor and manage your workload.
- Certification in Tableau and Alteryx.