Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Betting Platform
Location: Kennington, London
The Sporting Group is one of the world’s leading names in sports betting technology and trading. The Group employs almost 300 staff, predominately at its central London HQ, and has two principal divisions, Sporting Index – a B2C operation, the pre-eminent sports spread betting company, and Sporting Solutions, a rapidly growing B2B operation which supplies real-time pricing and sports trading capabilities to sportsbooks around the globe.
As part of on-going application development requirements in the Betting Platform Development team, we require an experienced Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to contribute to the success of a broad range of products.
Our products are web based, deployed to private and public cloud, and are written primarily in C# but contain a variety of open source technologies including MongoDB, Postgres, Aerospike, ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ.
We’re focused on using the best tool for the job so we're looking for developers who are keen to learn, get exposure to a wide range of technologies, want to work on an industry leading platform, have a passion for writing quality testable code, and enjoy working in a continuous delivery environment.
You will be an engaging and excellent all-rounder, who is well organized to meet deadlines. A great team player who owns all aspects of software delivery.
We are developing a software platform to meet the growing demand of the betting industry for modernisation of its core trading systems and functions. This is an opportunity to build a great reputation and establish a leading presence.
You will join a team of highly regarded software engineers and you will have the gift to influence others with your own opinions in technical matters. You will develop and maintain software for a variety of trade desk functions (such as betting, risk management, analytics etc.) and across all tiers. Establishing early and continuous feedback loops with stakeholders for high quality outcomes.
What we’re looking for:
- A solid understanding and demonstrable experience of C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core and web based development.
- Proven record in developing scalable, highly-available and highly-performing middle-tier components
- Experience in developing HTTP-based APIs and implementation of RESTful services with JSON
- Experience with communications technologies (e.g. WCF, Web API, Google Protocol Buffers) and message queues (e.g. Rabbit MQ)
- Experience with relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data stores (e.g. MongoDB) and in-memory distributed caches (e.g. Aerospike or Redis) and search products (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Working experience of programming techniques such as IOC/dependency injection, and GoF design patterns.
- Experience with REST-based services and JSON.
- Push technologies (e.g. web sockets, SignalR)
Excellent knowledge of the wide range of cross-browser issues and web standards that affect client-side development.
- Good understanding of concurrency and distributed systems.
- Experience in working in a highly agile cross functional development team.
- Willing and enthusiastic to be part of the full software delivery lifecycle, and working in a DevOps environment. Including automated testing and deployment, and continuous and interactive delivery.
Extra marks if you have:
- Experience with TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins, or other continuous integration and continuous delivery software.
- Docker experience
- Any cloud platform
- Knowledge of spread betting or/and the bookmaking industry