Senior IT Support Technician (20-110)
Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video: Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
Spok is currently looking for a passionate IT professional to provide technical support to our headquarters team, C-Suite executives, satellite offices and remote employees across the US. This position directly supports Spok's mission-critical teams and is an integral part of our organization's operations. Spok is the market leader in healthcare communications, offering a communications software platform that integrates with existing systems in hospitals. Our solutions deliver information to doctors, nurses, and emergency personnel who need to act on it - wherever they are and whatever device they are using, when every second counts. Join the Spok team and help us build solutions that matter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers (creates, removes, modifies) Spok user, computer, and email accounts
- Supports remote staff with VPN, mail, and connectivity issues
- Troubleshoots and repairs company computer equipment along with company mobile devices
- Deploys PC and Mac equipment according to corporate refresh cycle
- Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of solutions and determines conformance within company policy
- Processes and resolves assigned Salesforce cases based on business priority
- Actively manages the corporate Active Directory domain
- Creates and analyzes monthly service level and issue reports
- Participates in special projects, as required.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One-year certificate or equivalent from an accredited college or technical school and 3+ years of direct IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in both PC and Mac operating systems
- Experience in mobile operating systems (iOS and Android) required
- Experience in Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, and IIS Server preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and answer technical questions and solve problems quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills and patient with users
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935