Principal Software Engineer - Frontend
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Enterprise team is seeking an uncommon Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, changing trends in use of our products and answer our customers` questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data.
In this role you will focus on both building and driving, cutting edge data analytics experience, as well maintaining and improving upon our existing products. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering and design, demonstrating our massive datasets into intuitive user interfaces, utilizing modern web technologies.
What you'll do
- You'll build elite data analytics experiences
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, User Experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's preferred.
- At least 8+ years of experience in the industry working with client-side and server-side technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.