SE Manager (Commericial Team UK)
Sales Engineering Manager – Commercial EMEA Team
Splunk are currently seeking a creative, empathic and results-oriented leader to manage one of its Commercial Sales Engineering teams. Commercial Sales engineers own all technical elements of the sales effort for opportunities in Splunk’s Sub-$1Bn accounts in EMEA, typically (but not exclusively) with an inside sales motion. This is one of the fastest growing market segments for Splunk and feeds the business with new logos and future expansion business.
The successful candidate will be a mentor and coach for the sales engineers as well as a being vital business partner for the sales organization. They will be responsible for the recruitment, coaching & development and retention of the stars in the EMEA Commercial Sales Engineering team. They will also own the strategy for its fitness for future requirements in terms of growth of the business and future team responsibilities.
As a partner for the sales teams, the Sales Engineering Manager needs to be able to influence and guide sales account managers towards good quality business where the customer will be successful in order to drive future success with Splunk.
As an active member of the EMEA Customer Success leadership team, the role involves collaborating and coordinating strategies and ideas that will benefit the EMEA wide and Global Customer Success organisation.
Splunk is a rapidly growing, dynamic, agile and disruptive organisation in a marketplace that has barely been touched. This role sits within one of the fastest growing areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
As an EMEA Sales Engineering Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build, lead, manage and retain a world-class Sales Engineering team in your region, and be able to attract top talent into the team.
- Mentor, coach and develop sales engineers using development plans and performance management techniques
- Create and operationalise strategies and tactics to improve ongoing team effectiveness.
- Provide oversight on important sales engineer activities, such as POC planning and execution, approval of RFI/P responses.
- Ensuring that the team are appropriately skilled and achieve required certification to deliver compelling product demos, solution overview presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the other Sales Engineering Managers on the prioritisation and scheduling of resources to support important sales opportunities.
- Participate in territory and account planning sessions to understand on-going activities within important accounts and to identify new and follow up opportunities.
- Work with sales management to drive product and services revenue.
- Comfortably representing Splunk capabilities and differentiators and value to senior Customer contacts
Experience from one or more of the following areas would be advantageous:
- Machine Learning
- Big Data / Data Analytics
- Application Performance Management,
- Cyber Security
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics
- Operational Intelligence
Experience, Characteristics and Skills
A Growth Mindset
Coachable and Adaptable
Creative and Disruptive
Credibility and Experience in Sales Engineering and Technical Sales
Proactive and self-sufficient.
Effective communicator and collaborator
Well organised and data driven.
Tenacity and Resilience.
Excellent team building skills.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.