Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone in the world. We are a company filled with people who are deeply passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience and business insight for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, improvements, having fun and take pride in each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers, generous benefits, new technologies and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Security Markets Group is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support the Product and Sales initiative. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) market space in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
- Take pride researching the SOAR market space, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor product strengths, improvements and weaknesses at a very deep and technical level
- Identify and assess competitive strengths as well as growing opportunities, and identify ground breaking methods of exploiting competitive strengths
- Support Product Management with product feature gap analysis, competitive threats and product launch strategies derived from competitive analysis
- Work with marketing to formulate competitive sales strategies, product demonstrations, content, and collateral
- Passionate about working with sales, SEs, and customer success to assist in closing customer sales.
- Formulate competitive sales strategies, business insight, positioning and tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Committed to working directly with the sales team to help close opportunities
- Deep knowledge with product marketing to create scalable product content and improvements that articulate the benefits & differentiators of our product offerings
- Passionate about analyzing data and building executive reports on rapidly growing win/loss
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT practices, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Security experience (product or practitioner) required
- Highly motivated written and verbal skills are a huge plus - expected to support executive-level presentations and improvements.
- Solid understanding of the sales lifecycle and purchaser mindset.
- Strong grasp on insight generation scalability, influencing, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to analyze new, products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to quickly create collateral to differentiate the Splunk product offering and improvements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.