Sales Engineering Manager, Public Sector (Federal)
We are seeking an exceptional pre-sales leader to join our team as a Pre Sales Manager. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing organizations. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Directly manage pre-sales teams and work closely with sales and professional services
- Help deliver aggressive license, support and service revenue targets
- Drive customer success and help expand deployments and use cases
- Work with sales and partners for maximum effectiveness
- Leverage in-house talent as well as grow and enable partner resources
- Player /coach, hands on with the team, understand and demonstrate Splunk technically to all levels of the enterprise
- Work with Regional Sales directors with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- Hire the right team to match our growth
- Work within Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Min 10 years of professional experience
SE Leadership experience
Software Sales Engineering experience
Intimate understanding of big data solutions and landscape, software solution engineering
Education: I have that!
- BS Degree or work experience equivalent
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.