VP, Product Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are looking for an experienced leader to drive Splunk’s product marketing strategy and vision. Reporting to the CMO, the Vice President, Product Marketing is responsible for planning, implementing and managing our go-to-market strategy, leading new product launches, enabling a world-class sales organization, and evangelizing our position as a market leader.
- Recruit, lead, and develop a high performing marketing team focused on accelerating go-to-market efforts to drive continued growth through messaging, positioning, storytelling, and competitive insights.
- Develop and implement integrated-marketing strategies and campaigns across multiple products, verticals, partners, and buying centers / personas.
- Develop effective messaging that reflects both the strategic value of the product / platform as well as the deeper technical differentiation
- Lead, coordinate, and work with marketing, product management, customer success, professional services, enablement, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight new innovations and drive demand.
- Develop market and competitive strategy and craft messaging, value propositions and use cases (return on investment) to increase competitive differentiation and enable the field and partners.
- Establish a data-driven culture across Product Marketing and stakeholder functions to continually analyze ROI and refine demand generation strategies. Understand the most effective approaches and tools to drive customer acquisition/expansion across channels and through the pipeline.
- Define and articulate Splunk’s story as an innovative disruptor and evangelize the evolution and benefits of our differentiated platform.
- Partner with Product Management to engage customers for ongoing feedback to help shape messaging, as well as better inform requirements gathering, feature requests, and roadmap updates from a user-perspective.
- Speak at conferences, press interviews and industry analyst briefings as a thought leader and subject matter expert.
- 10+ years enterprise software product marketing experience, minimum 5+ years in a senior level people management position. SaaS experience strongly preferred, second/third line management experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience executing product launches and leading large teams through complex marketing operations.
- Experience and familiarity marketing to both IT and business leaders; ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Compelling storyteller, ability to communicate complex technology in a crisp and simple way.
- Proven track record in thought leadership and category creation.
- Inspirational leader; ability to lead, develop and inspire teams
- Position is based at headquarters in San Francisco, or San Jose.
- BS or BA degree, MBA strongly preferred
Leadership & Management Behavioral Competencies:
- In an environment that is open, direct, team-oriented, and results-oriented, the VP, Product Marketing will contribute to overall business strategy by:
- Communicating frequently, truthfully, candidly, and openly; effective listener.
- Demonstrating through action a performance-driven mentality, demanding accountability from themselves and others.
- Motivating others and recognizing and rewarding effective behaviors and accomplishments of others.
- Working hard, rolling up sleeves and approaching the role with both humility and pride.
- Demonstrating a high degree of self-awareness.
- Focusing on self-development and inspiring others around him/her to constantly focus on ways to improve and grow as a professional.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.