Director, Global ITOA Strategists
Director, Global ITOA Strategists
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions?
Are you passionate about Data, Analytics & all things in the IT Operations/DevOps domain? Are you committed to personal improvement and helping others? Do you have a growth mindset? If you answered “YES!” to these questions, then we have a home for you at Splunk.
This global leadership role operates within the IT Operational Analytics (ITOA) Specialist organization and will lead a team of Strategists that support the broader ITOA Specialist team and the key stakeholders of Splunk’s IT business in order to scale our skills and programs to critical functions across the company.
Strategists are highly experienced and consultative ITOA domain experts with a profile of work that is ~30% of effort dedicated to sales execution within strategic opportunities and ~70% dedicated to programs that help directly grow Splunk’s IT business and up-level IT skills of our field resources. Strategists evangelize and will regularly produce outward-facing communication (blogs, panels, conference talks, tweets, whitepapers, etc.) in order to spread Splunk’s IT messaging to IT practitioners globally.
We are looking for an experienced and effective leader of high performing teams to focus on scaling Splunk’s IT strategy into the field and partner community. You will need to be strategically minded, programmatic in your approach and be a credible influencer of both sales and technical teams.
Success in this role will be in the effective scaling of IT domain expertise that grows the expertise of the Splunk field in order to drive bookings and customer success against Land, Adopt & Expand opportunities. You will need to be an exceptional collaborator, a genuine IT domain expert and have a solid history of strategic program ownership and execution.
You will lead the development, execution and evolution of the ITOA Specialists strategic programs and initiatives and work in close alignment and interlock with the Splunk’s Product, Technical, Sales and Marketing teams to contribute to world-class messaging and competitive positioning.
- Build and lead a global team of ITOA Strategists.
- Innovate within the ITOA group and across internal teams to develop new use case, value propositions, tools and advisory workshops that scale and evolve the Splunk selling and adoption motion.
○ Own the evolution and development of the IT Specialist service catalog of field support tools and workshops. Support process from end to end; from sourcing and building, to field hand off and ongoing evolution.
- Own and lead the ITOA Specialist organizations strategic programs & initiatives to help drive adoption and improve customer success.
- Influence, contribute, and drive adoption of enablement material to the Splunk global sales force in order to increase the knowledge of modern IT operations.
○ Lead the development and evolution of Splunks IT Subject Matter Expert (SME) community as a means to scale technical IT product expertise into the field teams and build awareness and thought leadership at scale.
- Grow and maintain an innovative, flexible, challenging, and fun work culture that attracts and retains the best and brightest IT professionals within the company.
- Support Splunk’s IT business globally by providing an escalation point for sales cycles with the most complex or strategic IT challenges.
- Serve as the field’s incubation partner throughout the New Product Introduction process.
- Collaborate and align cross-functionally at the program level with several internal peer organizations (inc. Sales, CSM, Partners/Channels, Product Management, Sales Engineering and Marketing), to look for ways to aggressively build and grow Splunks IT business.
- Work closely with product management and senior Market Group leadership to enhance the New Product Introduction process, messaging, packaging and pricing
○ Act as the ITOA Specialist organizations point of contact and collective voice in terms of product strategy and direction from the field
- Represent the ITOA Specialist Group to Splunk’s Technical leadership to drive best practices and help unify and evolve our product and go-to-market strategy
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, Masters a plus
- 5+ years experience building and leading technical teams with customer-facing responsibilities and an ability to grow and scale upward with the company. Second line management experience and global experience a plus.
- 10+ years of high tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting.
- Excellent understanding of the ITOA, data center operations, DevOps, APM and IT domain trends and landscape.
- Solid experience in program management internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills in a cross-matrix organization - this skill is critical to the success of this role.
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally. Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision.
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work well with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Ability to build and maintain high credibility with teams and strategic customers.
- Formal sales training: MEDDIC, Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.
- Up to 50% travel required.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.