Sr Technical Instructor
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Senior Technical Instructor to join the team and help us deliver world class training to our customers and partners nationally and worldwide. In this role you will perform instructional delivery of approved course materials. Teach multiple courses. Work within a team but must have strong self-discipline and be able to work independently. Willing to teach classes virtually as well as at Splunk partner, customer, and contract facilities.
In addition, a Senior Technical Instructor demonstrates the ability to lead major departmental projects and effectively work cross-functionally with members of other departments. You will be viewed as a leader and mentor by other team members and deliver multiple, technically advanced courses.
- Teaches one or more advanced technical classes.
- Regularly participates in cross-functional projects.
- Manages major projects within the department.
- Manages multiple projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meets or exceeds goals and/or project milestones.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipates and resolves common problems.
- Balances long and short term goals by prioritizing activities.
- Actively participates in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Reviews training curriculum and provides feedback to instructional designers.
- Adapts well to changing job and project requirements.
- Recommends and implements solutions when project issues arise.
- Must be a Certified Splunk Architect and have experience with Phantom and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Experience working as a Senior Technical Instructor within Education Services for an Enterprise Software Company.
- Knowledge: Current Unix/Linux shell, Linux Administration, command-line, vi editor experience a must!
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in at least one software application or technology.
- Qualified candidate must have excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
- Must have or be able to obtain current passport and be able to travel to other countries and regions without restriction.
- Ability to teach in multiple languages a plus (French, German, Italian)
- CISSP (Certified Security Specialist) a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a technical or related field is required.
Special Consideration Must be willing to travel up to 50% and ability to travel to other countries and regions without restriction
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.