Area Vice President, New Logo Acquisition Sales
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Due to our expansive growth we are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team as Area Vice President, New Logo Acquisition Sales. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, you will have a consistent track record of exceeding revenue targets and proven expertise in building and leading high performing field sales organizations. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk, are you up for the challenge?
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn.
- Highly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from Sales Engineering to Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to make an impact? Can you hire the right team to match our growth, get involved with account planning, strategy and sales calls? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our sales talent through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Success hiring and developing high performing teams
- Success adapting in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Directly lead the sales leaders for the New Logo segment and work closely with assigned technical resources and other functional teams.
- Monitor the activities and performance of staff under supervision, setting expectations and providing mentorship and direction as needed; ensure that managers do the same for their staff.
- Consistently deliver software license revenue targets – ensuring company revenue goals, and objectives are achieved quarter over quarter and year over year.
- Accurately forecast quarterly, and annual revenue numbers for assigned region, dedication to the number and to deadlines.
- Effectively manage territory by considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective to achieve overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, sales process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key revenue opportunities in target markets throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Maintain market and competitor intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company’s competitiveness.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources; collaborate with sales engineering, channels/alliances, professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- 10+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; second line management experience required.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Experience with cloud / SaaS solutions is a huge plus.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.