Project Manager, Business Transformation
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Business Transformation Project Manager with experience coordinating multiple programs and ensuring best practices are adopted. This position requires a well-rounded individual who is meticulous in detail, while guiding multiple teams. We need someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help drive projects to completion.
You will work closely with cross-functional leaders to define and deliver critical initiatives to support Splunk’s business transformation. Your work will be complex and vary in both strategic focus and process governance. Do you thrive in a culture that is dynamic and rapidly growing? Do you love helping others, while doing a job that you enjoy? If so, apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will own portfolio status reporting, governance, and program intake
- You will support roadmap planning and define templates to capture business value and articulate return on investment
- You will monitor all business transformation projects to ensure methodology and standard operating mechanisms are met
- You have the ability to execute project management responsibilities such as, but not limited to, leading weekly status meetings, tracking risks and mitigation plans, working with project charter, project planning/procurement/budget, cost, tracking/scheduling, weekly status reports and financial updates
- You will support the Program Managers in maintaining project plans and program logs (risks, issues, decisions, dependencies, status reports)
- You will craft, maintain, and improve project management templates and tools to ensure a cohesive approach for the team
- You will enable standard methodologies across project plans, logs, status reporting
- You will help identify project / program bottlenecks and actively communicate and monitor resolutions
- You will support maintenance of shared calendars
- You will support scheduling of program meetings and alignment with shared calendars
- You will be responsible for the coordination of contractors and consultants for inclusion into project management cadence and governance
- You will manage cross program timelines, dependencies, decisions, and constraints
- You will manage project budgets – including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding variances.
- You will handle tracking program key performance indicators (KPI), analyzing results, and ensuring KPIs are met
- You will be assigned adhoc/special projects
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 4+ years of Project Management experience
- Knowledge of project management tools and packages – Smartsheet preferred
- Deep understanding of project management processes and governance (Six Sigma, Waterfall, Agile knowledge or PMP certification a plus)
- Strong analytic, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail – ability to work with a large number of trackers, update templates and ability to consolidate and simplify to drive clarity
- Ability to work cross-functionally and across geographies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business field or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.