Senior International Payroll Specialist
Job description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
As a Senior International Payroll Specialist, you will lead the payroll processing for Splunk’s international employees. You will report to the International Payroll Manager and will support all duties associated with the accurate and timely processing of payrolls as well as assist in all payroll related financial close tasks. You will work collaboratively with Human Resources on international payroll-related matters and will interact closely with the accounting team to complete all close related tasks. You will be driven, highly motived, dedicated, detail oriented, well adaptive and own the international payroll function. This position offers the capability to learn, develop and grow their career working for a dynamic and fast growing public company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to work hours in different time zones to resolve critical international issues if necessary
- Answers international accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist international employees and managers with pay related issues
- Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed
- Audit time sheets and system uploads
- Collaborate with external auditors to assist with quarterly and annual audits as needed
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll process
- Responsible for processing off cycle manual payroll checks and/or ACH payroll payments
- Responsible for reviewing new hire entries, master file changes from Workday, and balancing payroll files from the international vendor
- Serve as a back up to the payroll manager when out of the office for all international inquires
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethics with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter and year-end remittance deadlines
- Work closely with the payroll vendor to process all payrolls for Splunk employees in EMEA (600+ employees and growing), and Mexico, Canada, APAC as a back up
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Extensive experienceof heavy payroll processing and US multi-entity/state company
- Strong experience of processing international payroll for EMEA and APAC, Canada, Mexico
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills with the skills to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable with international payroll vendor(s) software/processes, such as; Activpayroll, ADP, or iiPay is a plus
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
- Possess experienced knowledge of international payroll-related requirements and regulations
- Workday experience is helpful
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits, and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.