Senior Product Manager, Customer Identity
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the Identity team, within the IT Business Applications group, you will play a key role in the success of our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Okta solution. You will be responsible for driving the overall vision, roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers.
- Author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on competency and delivery effectiveness.
- Collaborate on ideas and provide feedback on many aspects of the team’s portfolio.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical product manager implementing and managing large-scale Customer Identity and Access Management implementations.
- Experience working with Okta or similar solutions, that cover Single Sign-On (SSO), Multi-factor Authentication, Lifecycle Management, and Universal Directory
- Deep understanding of common authentication protocols including Oauth 2, OpenID, SAML, RADIUS, and Kerberos.
- Familiar with core Lifecycle Management functions, such as access requests, certifications, auditing, reporting and analytics, workflow management, entitlement management, and identity lifecycle management.
- Proven track record partnering with internal partners to define strategies and roadmaps, dependencies, and releases.
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- Consistently facilitate productive sprint planning and backlog grooming session with the delivery team.
- Experience defining and running Key Performance Indicators for the product area of responsibility.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Experience with creating a positive culture where people are treated with kindness, respect, and appreciation.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation skills.
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying to.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.