Sales Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a dynamic Sales Engineering/Presales Manager to join our team in Tokyo Japan. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing Teams across Japan. As a member of our growing team, you will play a key
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Manage a team of Enterprise Sales Engineers in Japan helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales activities across all Splunk solutions;
- Conduct continual pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top sales engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during onboarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of SE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support all required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success;
- Deliver annual performance reviews using the skill/will methodology along with assisting SE’s with building out and executing their individual development plans;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels.;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work cross-functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide
processand product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver detailed presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s;
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 10+
yearsrelevant experience in technicallyselling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Proven experience in managing an Enterprise SE Team in Japan is critical.
- Native Japanese communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen or relevant work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.