CNOC Incident Manager
It is the responsibility of the Splunk CNOC to monitor and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers. As the authority on our customer’s experience, the CNOC is the frontline of defense in making sure each of our customers has an extraordinaryexperience.
We’re looking for an experienced Incident Manager to join our team in supporting and monitoring our ever-expanding Cloud platform.
- Provide 24/7 support & incident management.
- Use the Splunk Incident Management System (SIMS) to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations.
- Assemble the incident management team which includes the incident owner, problem owner and other professionals in the specified area of expertise.
- Establish accurate expectations form the escalating procedures to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the escalation process.
- Track and manage incidents fully to ensure proper information is captured.
- Create and run conference calls for diagnosis and remediation of incidents
- Fully document and communicate incidents for shift-handoff reports.
- Participate in Post Incident Reviews and make suggestions to prevent incident recurrence.
- Build effective working relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Make suggestions for incident process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies.
- During Business as Usual you will assist in alert management and runbook automation.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration in a cloud environment
- You have 1+ years in incident response and major incident management.
- You have Unix/Linux systems experience with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- You are able to think out of the box and work on multiple tasks simultaneously while dynamically adjusting priority based on changing conditions.
- US Citizenship required.
- You enjoy problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- You are team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are able to remain calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You have excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- You are willing to work weekends, overnight shifts and holidays with flexibility to work additional shifts on short notice.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.