Executive Assistant to the CEO
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Executive Assistant (EA) at Splunk will be responsible for supporting our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will be primarily based out of our Santana Row office. This position requires initiative, acute attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly and superb communication skills. You should expect to manage internal and external relationships, working with senior executives, external customers, investors and board members. This is an ideal position for a talented, career EA who works well under pressure, is a self-starter, has a strong curiosity to learn, is passionate about delivering strategic value and wants to work in a dynamic, fast-moving, collaborative environment. This role reports directly to the CEO and will require regular visits to our San Francisco (HQ) office.
- Calendar management - coordinate all meetings including but not limited to 1:1s, team meetings, offsite meetings, customer/partner/investor/media/analyst meetings across global time zones.
- Work with the CEO’s Chief of Staff and Communications Director to manage day-to-day activities of the CEO and the CEO's office.
- Manage Office of the CEO Administrative Assistant.
- Manage Board communication and logistics for Quarterly Board Meeting and dinner.
- Conserve executive’s time by reading and routing email, drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information, initiating meetings and greeting guests.
- Expense reporting and purchasing.
- Extensive experience in scheduling complex domestic and international travel.
- Maintain executive calendar.
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Act as a liaison for assigned executives relaying and exchanging information with others including: Board members, investors, senior leaders, customers and clients, and other organizations or constituents.
- Providing backup support for other executives.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in the capacity of an Executive Assistant supporting and/or reporting to a senior, preferably C-level, executive.
- Incredibly bright, high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.
- Deep experience performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment. Detail oriented and customer service focused.
- Impeccable execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Comfortable with frequent access to confidential information and ability to exercise utmost discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Adaptability in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to build a personal network throughout the company.
- Ability to prioritize long task lists and meet deadlines with little direction in an often highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to effectively represent the organization in its relationships with investors, customers, the media, and other constituents.
- Ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high pressure environment.
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams.
- Ability to quickly learn and follow organizational policies, practices, and operations.
- Ability to work well across the organization with employees of all levels and in all departments.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs and calendaring skills.
- Up to 20% travel (global and local) may be required.
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.