Financial Analyst, EMEA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Financial Analyst will be a key member of the FP&A team in creating and maintaining an effective financial planning, reporting, and analysis process. This role will be focused on the EMEA Sales organisation. You will support the FP&A Director by working on monthly / quarterly expense forecasts, month-end close process, annual planning process, flux analysis, business partnership and supporting ad-hoc requests.
This is an exciting opportunity to have clear impact on Splunk’s business divisions.
- You will be a core member of the financial close process, working closely with business partners to accurately record expenses as well as managing budget and forecasts
- You will be developing and monitoring key performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing root causes of variances
- Provide counsel on financial matters that focus on expense control and profitability of the business. Suggest solutions, resulting implications, key actions and strategic implications.
- Partner with functional departments and accounting team to prepare month-end accruals
- Assist in developing annual operating plans, monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actual versus plan and forecast.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance business unit financial and
- You will work closely with the rest of the Sales Finance team for continuous process improvements and automation.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Relevant experience in FP&A would be advantageous, with experience of working in a fast-growing organisation, experience in computer software/information technology industry preferred
- You are financial savvy and using your wide-range experience, are able to present complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g. understanding of financial documents, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience of software and system skills (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Anaplan, SFDC, Workday, etc
- You are able to interact comfortably with senior level management and work cross-functionally with other parts of the business and within the Sales Finance team to drive process improvements.
- You are self-motivated, highly analytical, with a creative mindset, process oriented, and feel comfortable challenging the status quo and implementing changes by exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.