Engineering Manager - Cloud Automation
Splunk Cloud Infrastructure Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial Cloud presence. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing leadership and cloud experience to drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we’re looking for
The Cloud Automation group is looking for a Engineering Manager to help lead, design, coach, and build an efficient, productive, and fun organization. You will be a leader with an eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamlining hiring processes, and finding industrious solutions to organizational impediments.
What you provide
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier developers.
- Passion. You passionate about motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Drive for Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Knowledge of technical excellence and reliable standards related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud experience. You have experience in leading, building, and scaling secure services on different cloud providers.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers and direct reports, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the need cloud at Splunk scale? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how every manual process and monotonous task we encounter can be automated? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Group-outings and team building events are frequent in our group. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of this family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
3+ years experience managing a technical team of 5 or more individuals.
Technical skill sets. Puppet, Terraform, python, AWS.
GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, golang, prometheus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.