Product Marketing Director - Industry Solutions - Financial Services
Are you interested in driving the go-to-market evolution for Splunk as we transition to delivering solutions to key industries? Are you passionate about understanding what makes customers successful and codifying that into enablement and playbooks for both internal sales teams, partners and end users? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, working closely with product, marketing and sales teams, and championing customer and partner success? We are committed to our work, customers, and partners, and to having fun. We're seeking an equally passionate, skilled and lively marketing leader to build our emerging financial services industry strategies and initiatives.
You will be part of a team of marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market for Splunk as we look towards offering industry specific solutions. You will be an expert in financial services industry trends, areas of concern and investment and understand the organization of various buying centers in FSI organizations. You will launch go-to-market strategies, products and solutions, contribute to thought leadership, and open up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. You will keep tabs on developments and capabilities across the Splunk portfolio and map capabilities that may be particularly helpful or relevant to the Financial services industry. You will collaborate with sales and marketing leaders from around the world to produce the collateral necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
Preference for you to be located in New York City, other northeast locations considered based on level of experience. This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in financial services and/ or product and solution marketing with a can-do attitude is critical.
- Partner with sales leadership and product to craft and execute business, product, and GTM plans.
- Own positioning and messaging for programs and products as they relate to FSI.
- Build key sales tools including presentations, solutions briefs, customer and success stories to improve sales effectiveness.
- Develop product launch and go-to-market plans, highlight features across the Splunk portfolio that are relevant/ valuable to the FSI audience.
- Represent Splunk in press interviews, analyst briefings, customer engagements, and at conferences.
- Assist field sales by providing your expertise in customer meetings and sales engagements.
- Develop close relationships with partners to communicate product positioning and drive development of new industry specific solutions
- Bring your products and initiatives to life through integrated marketing spanning any and all channels -- web, social, demand gen, press, analysts, events, and more.
- 6+ years of financial services product development or product marketing experience in enterprise software; customer-facing experience a plus OR experience with Splunk within a Financial Services institution
- Amazing written and oral communications skills including ability to craft differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience planning and executing product launches including working within a tight timeline, securing customer references, and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Ability to represent Splunk at various speaking engagements including conferences, press interviews, and analyst briefings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous, and career-defining environment.
- Collaboration skills and shown success delivering results.
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
At Splunk, we champion diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It’s what we call Operational Intelligence.
Organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 4,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer, “Fun Fridays”.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.